PDA

View Full Version : FA Full Body Decoys Paint

Gooseblitz
11-25-2006, 11:24 AM
DO any of you guys know if the paint is any different on the FA's now from the original FA's a year or 2 ago??? I bought some when they first came out and have had some very early chipping problems and wanted to know if it has been addressed...I'm considering buying some more!

shootsg
11-28-2006, 12:54 AM
we bought some this fall and used them.put them in bags and banged around on gravel roads and not a scratch. Held up very well.

Gooseblitz
11-28-2006, 06:37 AM
very good news!

Wabo
11-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Just finished cutting the legs off of 60 and put motion stakes on them with abunch more standard FA fullbodies ready for action. Can't wait to see this coldfront.. I've had no problems! By the way Rogers sporting goods is running them for 180 bucks a dz. Great decoy at a Great price!

DropEmInDE
11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Just dont think they look as good as the GHG Pro Grade and Elite, just something about the FAs that are kinda Dull, i unno thats just my opinion, but if someone gave me a dozen FAs yeah id use them, but i dont think i would spend my money on them....just my $.02 nothing more nothing less

Mark Spence
11-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Chris:

I can't say that they have changed the paint or not...as I do not know for sure. But, I can say, honestly, that my FA Foiles Sig Series dekes have taken a beating in my trailer and are no worse for wear!!!! Flocking has held up great and the paint hasn't worn at all. I am very impressed with the durability of these dekes as well as the motion!!!!

Hope that helped!!!! I will shoot Vaca an email and see what he says about a paint change or not over the past couple years......

shootsg
11-29-2006, 12:05 AM
no dought the ffd ghg look great and can't compare to other dekes but just this last weekend i really took a good look at fa's and the ghg's mixed in the spread and thought they both really looked good. The fa's a little bit darker but i think the geese would be able to spot them alot easier in a corn field on a cloudy or sunny day. just my thoughts sometimes its just about creating a big blob to bringem in.

Gooseblitz
12-04-2006, 07:46 PM
i did get another dozen so I hope they hold up better than the first dozen. My GHGs have faired well and are older so that is why I was concerned.

teamcarnageMN
01-06-2007, 05:30 PM
i bought a dozen of those ghg motion dekes this year and am not impressed one bit, they're pretty much shot after one season, and the bigfoots we've had for years still look brand new, thats my .02