PDA

View Full Version : Benelli or Mossberg??? What is the difference???

Dead Meat Migrator
03-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I own many shot guns. The problem is non of them are semi-auto. Im looking to buy a new gun and was looking at the Mossberg 935 which retails for $674.00 and the Benelli Supernova which retails for $545.00. I know that alot of people on here swear by their Benelli's but why? Im just wondering what the differences are between the 2 guns that causes the Mossberg to be $129.00 more?

I own 2 mossbergs currently which I love and have never had problems with which is why its hard for me to buy a different manufacturer. But I keep hearing that benelli is so good just wondering why specifically, and if anyone has shot both the 935 and the Supernova and can tell me that comparision??

Jayson Wilt
03-16-2007, 11:42 AM
The super nova is a pump gun. I have never owned a 935 but I know a few people that do own them and have had all kinds of issues with them I am NOT saying it is not a good gun for the money it is tough to beat....

A gun is an investment you have to ask yourself what is it worth to you and how much your going to use the gun. I use my SBE2 about 65-70 days season I have one problem with it the inertial spring broke but that failure I can live with I should have installed a sure-cycle long before due to the fact I hunt over saltwater 30-35 days a season. I see your in Central PA as am I if your intrested in shooting a benelli shoot me a pm your more than welcome to run a few thru it and see if you think it performance worth the price I sure do....

JBO
03-16-2007, 11:45 AM
SBE2

Nicest gun I have ever shot!

Dead Meat Migrator
03-16-2007, 11:58 AM
I figured it was too good to be true, and that its a pump.. Wish I had $1,500 to spend ..

RidgeNelson
03-16-2007, 03:48 PM
SBE2

Nicest gun I have ever shot!

I agree totally

HRK
03-16-2007, 03:56 PM
the super nova is the same as the regular nova except for the comfortech stock. i know the mossberg pumps are good guns as for the 935, ive heard of some problems.

Foilesmigrator92
03-16-2007, 05:17 PM
The benelli nova is a great gun im buyin one here in a couple of weeks couple of friends have em n have never had a problem

huntduck1989
03-16-2007, 05:56 PM
benelli is just stright up better

AL_Waterfowler
03-16-2007, 08:22 PM
It is all about personal preference. I have this conversation with lots of people (as is done on here quite often as well). My opinion is buy what you want...if you want a Benelli buy a Benelli, If you want a Browning buy a Browning. Benelli make a great shotgun...I use a SBE2 and an M2 in the field, but there are some other ones out there that are just as good and will get the job done just as well(Beretta, Browning, Winchester, Mossberg).

Sorry for going on...and...on...if you are in the ,arket for a new shotgun a Benelli is definitely a good choice, but I stick to my "guns" (no pun intended) on this when I would have to say, get what you want, and what one fits you better.

Killer Miller
03-17-2007, 03:50 AM
I know it's alot of $$$, but it's worth it. I paid $1,000 for my SBE about 4 years back and it has malfunctioned twice in the field. I figure I have shot a good 6-8 cases of shells through it while hunting. Both times it jammed it was super cold and it was super dirty. I would bet my life on my gun...not really but you get the point.

IowaMigr8tor
03-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah Miller your gun was straight up dirty. Never had a problem, cleaned twice its whole life. Bought in April, shot all summer, fall and winter. Cleaned it right before we went to Colorado and once when we got back. Ive had the bolt covered in snow and ice in frigid temps and never had an issue. There slogan, PERFORMANCE, WORTH THE PRICE.

MNGooseSlayer
03-17-2007, 03:34 PM
never owned a semi auto benelli but i have a nova 20 gauge...it works great but i think im going to trade it in and get a 12 gauge but get the super nova and use it for those gobblers

Silver Webfoot
03-17-2007, 05:27 PM
price tag is the difference!!!!!! I owned a 935 and it was an automatic single shot,,wouldnt eject shells but manually it would,,,,i think there junk,,now as far as the pumps go u cant beat the ol 835,, i have claimed many lives with one,,but i currently have a nova and its tough too,, its been ran over by a car and it still shoots,,, my prefernce is the auto,,o yea moss has that new auto out dunno bout it.

J Kryspin
03-18-2007, 07:00 PM
price tag is the difference!!!!!! I owned a 935 and it was an automatic single shot,,wouldnt eject shells but manually it would,,,,i think there junk,,now as far as the pumps go u cant beat the ol 835,, i have claimed many lives with one,,but i currently have a nova and its tough too,, its been ran over by a car and it still shoots,,, my prefernce is the auto,,o yea moss has that new auto out dunno bout it.

Did you own a 935 or do you not know about their new auto, since the 935 is their autoloader?

Richie
04-08-2007, 11:18 AM
the difference is all in the shooter. would you buy a mercedes or a hyundai if you had the money for either. the benelli can break just the same as any gun. I got my benelli in jan and already have cycling problems. gonna fix that with the surecycle but thats besides the point. my buddy had a mossberg for a long time and only now did the extractor pin break. so its all on whats in your wallet and what you wanna spend.

ThePreacher
04-08-2007, 11:50 AM
split the difference and go with an 1187 or x3

Wet Feathers
04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
SBE Or SBE2.
Keep em clean and you'll shoot all day! :D
other wise Browning Gold.

madocbighunter06
04-16-2007, 10:47 PM
i live in canada. I have owned both guns benelli & mossberg,to me if you want to bring home meat don't be cheap buy the best that is called a browning shot gun

bandseeker
06-05-2007, 08:00 AM
the 935 hade some issues with the gas piston ring ,i own a 935 and love it .also own a 835 and that gun for a pump you can't beat it .but just my 2 cents on this matter

legacyshooter
06-05-2007, 07:50 PM
my 2 cents....I would stay away from the 935. Try them both and get what you like.

PEI Duck Guy
06-06-2007, 09:22 AM
SBE 2 4 ME!!!

BradG
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
havent heard anything about the 935 but i have the 835 pump and after bein dropped in a flooded corn field in freezing weather it is still going strong

GR8HNTR
06-13-2007, 06:12 PM
I shoot the nove, love it. I have hammered lots and lots of geese with it. As for the auto, I personally would go with the Winchester x2 or x3. My lil bro shoots the x2 and has no troubles at all. I know he goes all season without cleaning it. I can't believe for an auto how well it holds up and performs! Plus the super x's aren't as spendy as the sb's.