PDA

View Full Version : Flamed hedge meatgrinder

cawtrfwlhntr
06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Anyone own or tried one of these calls?
Flamed hedge barrel smoke insert...Saw it in the online store, just wondering how it compares to the all poly meatgrinder..I have the all poly but just curious how it would be with the wood barrel.

cawtrfwlhntr
06-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Does this call not exist?

There was no picture but it showed it for sale in the drop down tab....

rushcreekganderlander
06-14-2007, 04:24 AM
They make meatgrinders in different wood/poly combos...it just depends on what they have in stock. I wanted one in birdseye maple or bois d'arc, but they haven't had any in stock for a while. They did however have Cocabola and blue and green diamondwood meatgrinders at waterfowl weekend...so I went with a cocabola one. I think it sounds great...would definitely go with wood/poly over the all poly meatgrinder. Just my opinion. Here's a pic of it with some of my other new calls.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o154/rushcreekganderlander/WW3.jpg

ALSO, I just looked in the actual paper catalog and it doesn't state hedge as an option for the meatgrinder, but it doesn't show that as an option for a legend either and I just got a flamed hedge legend at waterfowl weekend.

cawtrfwlhntr
06-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the information!!

hossman
06-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Rushcreek, how do you like that wood/poly meat grinder. I have been contenplating on getting one just woundering how it sounds, is it more mellow with the wood barrell on it ,I know the all poly ones can at times be a little loud. Just woundering,,,,, :D :D :D :D

rushcreekganderlander
06-21-2007, 04:05 AM
It's more mellow than the all poly meatgrinder. In fact I think it sounds a lot better than the all poly. Don't have the guts broke in yet but they will be by Sept. 1.