PDA

View Full Version : tuning a showtime

kansasgoosehunter
08-28-2007, 10:02 AM
is there any tips or differences on tuning a showtime versus tuning a SMH? I want a the call to break just a little easier but just havent found that perfect happy medium. just a question.

Greg Ruark Jr.
08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
As far as reed placement on the toneboard, it is the same principle. I got my showtime too break a bit easier by shaveing the reed just a hair thinner then it was from the shop. You may want to try it, but keep in mind that a thinner reed will wear out faster and if you shave it too thin the sound quality may suffer. You might want to call the shop and tell them what you need, or find a staffer nearby to help you out. My 2 cents.

kansasgoosehunter
08-29-2007, 02:17 PM
what is the best way to shave the reed down? ive always seen people that leave the reed in the call and slide a knife across it to make it thinner is this what i should do or what?

ThePreacher
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
what is the best way to shave the reed down? ive always seen people that leave the reed in the call and slide a knife across it to make it thinner is this what i should do or what?

take the reed out of the call!!!

Dieckow
08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
It is OK to shave the reed in the call as long as you put a business card between the tone board and the reed. If you are able to tune your own call THEN I would remove the reed and shave it...........Dale

kansasgoosehunter
08-30-2007, 10:30 AM
ill try this and if not ill can always send er in to FMI.