PDA

View Full Version : Strait Meat Honker

smac2
10-31-2007, 01:28 PM
I made the mistake of taking apart my call to clean. When putting back together/tuning I lost the "true sound" it had. Is their a anyway to get the sound back or am i gonna need a new reed. The call was bought last November. Also not as easy to call with since i messed it up.

Stenz
10-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Best thing to do is play with the reed until you find the sound you want. Hell it could take you an hour but sooner or later you will find the sound you want.

mnbenelli
10-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Plenty of Staffers in Ohio....Someone help this guy out!!!!

rushcreekganderlander
11-01-2007, 04:20 AM
There are only 2 prostaffers in Ohio that I'm aware of and they are Matt Hougan and John Beebe(I think that is his name). I'm not a prostaffer but would be willing to fix your call...only problem is I live about 150 miles from you. Closest I could meet you would be Hilliard where I work. Your best bet would be to get a hold of Matt Hougan...he doesn't frequent this forum but he does on our Ohio forum...I will give him a PM over there and tell him to try and look this post up. If you look at the dealers from the front page it gives this info for Matt:
Midwest Waterfowl
Matt Hougan
6351 Vandemark Rd.
Medina, OH. 44256
I'm not sure of how to get a hold of John but he just posted on this forum earlier this week.
The only other way I might be able to help you out would be next Friday. Since season goes back out this weekend down here me and a buddy might head up to the Pickerel Creek drawing next Friday. I'll also be in Findley Dec. 3&4 but you probably don't want to wait that long. If all else fails you can send me your insert and guts in the mail and I will tune it and send it back to you. Hope you can work something out. Shoot me a PM if you need help I could possibly help you over the phone.

smac2
11-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks guys for the help. I messed with the thing for almost an hour adjusting and readjusting the slide/insert. Managed to get the call sounding descent again, it took some time though. Love the call

rushcreekganderlander
11-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Glad you got it working again. If you ever need any help just shoot me a pm.