PDA

View Full Version : DMM and SMM

SuSpeedballpro
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Whats the difference? I have an SMM, but I was wondering if they go well together, or are basically similar.

xtrema312
02-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I use both. The SMM has more ring at top end and I like the speed of the chatter better. The DMM has a lot of range and more rasp. I blow the SMM more in large open areas and when the wind is up and for closer work and calm days I use the DMM as an all around call.

gcs71
03-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I have several smms and dmms and they both perform extremely well. Since you already have an acrylic smm; a good compliment to that call would be the new wood dmm. That is a powerful combo that has worked well for me this past season. I use the single reed SMM for the birds that are out there quite aways and work them with the wood DMM when the get within 150yds or so to finish them off. Wouldnt hurt to have one or the other a double reed for some more rasp and a distinct sound difference. I prefer single reeds in both of mine. But trying to highball with a double reed is hard for me to do. Just depends on what you like and what works for you. good luck

GooseHunter18
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
by far i love the deadmeat mallard it is just an incredible ducky sound and worked great for me last season