PDA

View Full Version : 8 Bucks For Shipping?

chubby darter
06-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Almost bought Goose Calling 2.0 today. Went threw the entire ordering process only to be stung with $8 shipping on a video. Cancelled the order. Too bad i was looking forward to that video. When do you think the big box stores will have it in stock? Thanks.

SGTSLTR
06-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Do you have a Sportsmans Warehouse or a Gander Mtn. near you? They should have it. I know Sportsmans Warehouse carries it.

Good luck with your search.

Mark Spence
06-25-2006, 04:06 PM
You need to call the shop....some people have been having some issues with the online system when it comes to ordering. Kelly Rees, the webmaster for the Foiles site, is working on it.

Give Jennifer a call at the shop... 1-866-83-GEESE and she will hook you up with a video with shipping less than $8!!!!

Sorry about that!!!

chubby darter
06-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the quick and helpfull response to my concern. Three years ago I met Jeff and the gang in Minnesota at Waterfowl Hill. I was immediately impressed with the personal service he and his staff provided to all of their customers. This is why I continue to buy calls from you guys (and they sound great). Jeff has signed one of my calls every year since then and I will look forward to It again this fall. Thanks Mark and all others at FM.

Kelly Rees
07-08-2006, 12:31 AM
EVERYTHING from the shop is shipped Priority Mail and tracked. that way you are guaranteed to get your order and get it quickly. Everything is shipped in a box so you get your order in 1 piece as well. That is why we charge a little more for shipping.

I understand not wanting to pay $8.00 for a video. The problem is the Post Office charges us the same amount to send you that box no matter whats inside it. The entire store is directly tied into the shipping system so when an order is made the shipping information is automatic, the post office gets paid instantly and we print off the postage. Your order is then filled, boxed and ready for pick-up by the post office. There are days when literally hundreds of orders from 1 video to large Cabelas orders must all be filled. We do this with a minimum of people to help keep product prices in line.

Best thing to do is either find it at a local retailer or get with your friends and make a larger order and split shipping. I wish there was something else I could say to make it right, This is the best and cheapest shipping method that insures you get your product and get it quickly. It also insures that if your order doesnt make it that niether you or us will have to pay for it twice.

Rail
07-17-2006, 08:51 PM
I ship things USPS Priority often, in fact I shipped a DVD off to a guy today and the charge was $4.55 and that included delivery confirmation.. Granted I don't ship 100's of boxes but if anythign you would think you would get a voilume discount rather than increased charges..

The thing I like about the USPS is that all Priority packaging is free of charge.. They even supply the address labels..

chubby darter
07-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Best thing to do is either find it at a local retailer or get with your friends and make a larger order and split shipping.

Your right! I picked up the video for $19.99 at Sportsmans Wharehouse. Thanks Krees. Oh yeah, I couldn't find 250 friends that wanted the video so maybe next time.

Drake
07-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Tim at www.traderoutdoors.com has them and there is free shipping on all dvd's and calls too.

duckmanIII
09-18-2006, 11:36 AM
I just paid $9.25 for shipping 2 videos. Trouble is there are no local stores that carry the videos. So, I'd spend more than that in gas going to the store anyway. The products are great and the service is great. I really can't complain.

njhonker
09-20-2006, 07:13 AM
I guess we can all be glad we don't live in Canada...I sold a couple calls and videos to a buddy in Nova Scotia....shipping was $65.00 and then when the package arrived he had to pay duty tax on it....another...$86.00.....

GOD BLESS THE U.S.

Illini Graphics
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Next time anyone sends a package over the Maplehugger line, be certain the package is marked as a "gift" - It will save money and agony for the receiving party

benny365
10-07-2006, 07:54 AM
No company should ever make money on the shipping charges. Thats just wrong.

Priority shipping is 4.05, there is no need to charge 8.00. And I don't want to hear that the extra 3.95 is for the employee to print the label and stuff the call in the box. That is included in the 150.00 price tag of the smh or whatever call.

I hate getting screwed on shipping charges :D

SMOKE
10-07-2006, 11:13 AM
normally i just go to the shop since im only like 45 mins away but the stuff i have gotten int he mail i really dont mind payin more for shipping for the exact reason kelly said. it all comes in a box and is in one peice. if im spendin 150 on a call or whatever it may be, i want it in one peice when i get it i dont want to get it not be able to use it just because i wanted to save a few bucks.

IowaMigr8tor
10-07-2006, 02:06 PM
2 day priority + insurance I normally pay about $8.00 anyways.

madocbighunter06
04-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't understand that you guys are complaining about $8.00 I live in ontario I ordered a dvd it' cost me 35.00 I just sent one of my callers back to be fixed. I just to send to jeff It cost me $20.83 for shiping one way.

simpink
04-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Tim at www.traderoutdoors.com has them and there is free shipping on all dvd's and calls too.

Traderoutdoors offers free shipping on calls, dvd's etc...You could have got the dvd for 14.99 and free priority shipping. They also ship to Canada for free too!!

Big-D
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
That sucks to pay that much for sjipping back to the us but ....... U LIVE IN CANADA :roll:
I ship thing out every day and I charge about $6 to $8 for a call to ship out
I think thats a good price :lol: