About Me

Name: Matt Gorecki
Flyway: Mississippi, Northern Illinois
Marital Status: Married
Kids: Two girls, one boy

Iíve been hunting for almost 30 years (deer, turkey and upland), but Iíve only been waterfowl hunting for five years. In 2003, my wife and kids began kicking and crying about getting a yellow lab puppy for a house pet. I resisted, but they won in the end. It all started in the backyard one day (Scout & I) with a tennis ball. Thatís when the light went on, ďduck huntingĒ. I picked up a copy of the Richard Wolters book, ďGame DogĒ, and started to train Scout up for the task. During the following waterfowl season, Scout and I paddled out to a duck blind for our first time; the Spartan way, in a canoe. Neither of us had any idea the events that would follow. We got skunked that day, but it was still a religious experience, for both of us. Iíll never forget the first time I observed him patiently watching the sky for birds. Later that season, I purchased my first Foiles Migrators goose call, the Meatgrinder and the waterfowl obsession subsequently sky-rocketed. Next thing you know, I have a garage full of gear and am to the point of no return.

1. About Me

Name: Matt Gorecki
    Flyway: Mississippi, Northern Illinois
    Marital Status: Married
    Kids: Two girls, one boy
    Hobbies: Hunting, fitness, backpacking, the outdoors and doing the same with friends and family.

Iíve been hunting for almost 30 years (deer, turkey and upland), but Iíve only been waterfowl hunting for five years. In 2003, my wife and kids began kicking and crying about getting a yellow lab puppy for a house ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized