Default dave smith decoys

I received a e-mail that would give me a 20% discount on a dozen...still pricey but I am considering. I hunt over big feet,higdon shells adding RG 2's this season. I lost my stuffers few years back from mice damage in the shed my fault...would DSD be a good alternative for those blue bird sky days in late season where stuffers are the go to...looking for from those who's hunting over them ..are they worth the money?? Please share

99% of the guys that have them, love them. 99% of the people that think they aren't worth the $$.

I don't have them. I've hunted over them. I think they look great, but are a huge pain in the ass to baby/bag, and we seem to kill geese without 'em.

Tim,
    RG Pro II's work fine no matter the conditions. I have hunted over DSD's and as spaightlabs stated they are very realistic.However we continued to harvest geese with every decoy made from the late 60's to date. I personally wouldn't put that money into those decoys. There are many other options including what you already have. Just my opinion. . Steve
    Last edited by Steve Nickerson; 07-10-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    I never cared about acceptance as much as I cared about respect . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nickerson View Post
    Tim,
    RG Pro II's work fine no matter the conditions. I have hunted over DSD's and as spaightlabs stated they are very realistic.However we continued to harvest geese with every decoy made from the late 60's to date. I personally wouldn't put that money into those decoys. There are many other options oncluding what you already have. Just my opinion. . Steve
    i agree !!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Like said in previous comment's I have hunted over them and they look amazing, but they are pricey and you obviously have to take a little more care with them if you want to keep your money's worth.All I can say is the only person who can say if they are worth it is you.If you got the coin and wnt them go for it if I had the chance I would have some.I just recently got rid of all my fullbodies and this is the first year I am going to use all silo's and some shell's.But bottom line they are awesome looking,work wonders on the bird's and if you like them get em.
    Scott Friedmann
    Foiles Migrators
    "Field-Staff"

Like already stated they are very good looking decoys..but surely not needed to kill geese...ive used high dollar decoys ,cheap decoys mid grade decoys. Including shells,silos,fullbodies ..etc 10 years ago all i used was carry lite and flambeau and a few g&h shells and dont kill anymore now than i did then..only difference is now my fullbodies take up way more room..Long as your decoys dont glare bad any will work..normal paint will reflect some light but goose feathers reflect a little light also. I would put your money towards more decoys of other brands..guys say such and such brands finish birds better..calls finish birds more than decoys..a guy that knows what sounds to make on a goose call can finish geese point blank with horse sh*t decoys
    Anti-Staffer

DSD are awesome looking decoys, body posture is right on and they will help finish those late season birds. My problem with these decoys is the price. For a dozen of the honkers your looking at over $1000.00 once you figure in shipping. Thats alot money spend on decoys. If worried about the glare on sunny days look at GHG FFD elite's thier fully flocked decoys with motion stakes and come with slotted bag for storage. Depending on if you went with lessers or Honkers you could get 3 to 4 dozen of these decoys for the price of 1 dozen DSD decoys. I have not problem finishing geese in the late season and as said before decoys aren't the ony thing that helps finish geese. Just something to think about before making the purchase.
    Jeff Meyer -aka Dahmer

Diver's Down Hunt Club

Default decoys

what are RG pro II's?

Bullfrog,,

Pro Series II Canada Goose Decoys

Pro Series II Canada Goose Decoys
    WF902PSS

In a world of custom decoys, the Pro Series II can only be described as "Custom Silhouettes".

We added our patented, textured, non-reflective surface to both sides of the decoys, developed new artwork for a more detailed, true to life color image, and 12 entirely new poses.

We stuck with the features that worked; highest quality materials, better/more demanding production methods, and the color matched wood stake system.

We sized them to be proportional with our existing line of decoys, about 15% larger than 12 pound Honker. They work well when used by themselves or with any of our current decoys. When used together with the Magnum Lites or original Pro Series and the Sit'n Geese a field hunter can now have 30 entirely different poses in their decoy spread. No "toy solider" effect here!

$199.99 Per Dozen
    I never cared about acceptance as much as I cared about respect . .

Default dsd

o those high tech no shine silo's, i never heard anyone refer to them as RG pro II's. i thought bout buyin a dozen or so of those but i cant quite get to much do to buying a truck.