Post crawdad mud motors

i cant find any info on these motors i was wondering if any one know about them

Crawdad or Copperhead?

crawdad mud motors

he does say how fast they go or any other info

I have seen one, just a modified weedeater engine. Check out Copperhead mud motors, pretty well engineered for the motor size and speed.

they are to big for an otter stealth

Gotcha, the one I seen was on a Momarsh. The guy said his 2.5 merc was way faster.

no good if you hit mud or a rock

Blog Entries

I spent alot of time and honestly years researching mud motors before I began building my own. This type of product interested my for a brief time and then quickly left my radar. There are alot of physics rules that helped me rule out the idea. Long story short it came down to the motors ability to create thrust. This is based on torque and its relationship to rotation of the prop and the pitch available in such a small prop. This means the amount of thrust, or push if you will, is less than the amount of drag produced by a boat large enough to draft shallow enough to warrant me using it. I also entertain hunts on a river that is at times very shallow with fair to strong current. All a bad combination for a motor like this. They are a cool design and I am positive in its correct enviroment it is very handy. The company seems to build a quality product and from what I have read they stand behind it. Here is some food for thought though. Everyone laughs when a guy pulls a wood splitter with a diesel truck. Seems it way to much power for such a small load. Funny thing is everyone just shakes their head in disgust when a Compact pick-up tries to fight the wind and tow a camper. Point is sometimes power isnt what gets you to your hunting spot its what gets you home. Weather always changes on a duck hunt. You start when the sun isnt up and go home when its typically 15 degrees warmer and windy. I may have gotten off topic some so I will leave you with this

"You ever ride around on a mower all after noon and then spend 15 mins sweating your $%$# off trying to start a weed eater in 100 degree heat?.......Now try that same thing in 20 degree weather in the dark???" Let me know how that works out for you.
    Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff

"Chasin the Limit"