Thread: MOJO Placement

Default MOJO Placement

I was just wondering where in your decoy spread to you put your Mojo? Do you place it next to the blind, landing zone, off to the side. I have had an issue with birds not finishing the last few hunts and i am not sure if it is the Mojo or something else.

Thanks
    "You've never lived until you've almost died & for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know...."

"It is not tragic to die doing what you love...."

Team Chasin' the Limit

We've had our best success with ours right smack dab in the middle of our decoys, or right at the end of our landing zone........we move ours around with the wind too quite a bit

From the sound of things on that hunt, the best setup for your mojo is in the truck! Late season birds are smart and seen that quite a few times, try it without it and rig up an old fashioned jerk cord for some movement in the dekes. But when using a mojo, place it where you anticipate the birds are going to want to land, most times than not they will want to land with the mojo. On a perfect setup with the right wind, we will set up a few pods of dekes, with a defined kill hole out front and center and put the mojo right in that kill hole. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman
    From the sound of things on that hunt, the best setup for your mojo is in the truck! Late season birds are smart and seen that quite a few times, try it without it and rig up an old fashioned jerk cord for some movement in the dekes. But when using a mojo, place it where you anticipate the birds are going to want to land, most times than not they will want to land with the mojo. On a perfect setup with the right wind, we will set up a few pods of dekes, with a defined kill hole out front and center and put the mojo right in that kill hole. Good luck!
    Hit the nail on the head right there! Although I always like to have the mojos out....Sometimes you just have to leave them at home!

Trash can is another good place for them.

Sorry for the smart @$$ comment but I think they should have done away with them long ago!

Thanks! If it's not foggy i'm going out in the AM so we'll see how it goes.
    "You've never lived until you've almost died & for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know...."

"It is not tragic to die doing what you love...."

Team Chasin' the Limit

Default MOJO SETUP

I have found out a couple things about the mojo. One of them is that, when bird get close to them, they flare. Another is that mojos do not work for geese. And three, mojos work good in cloudy weather, and terrorible in the sun. If you are going to put them up, put them at the edge of your spread.
    NEBRASKA KILLIN CREW
    WAKEM AND STAKEM

MH Black/Ivory#2645
    SMH Smoke
    Meat Grinder Bourbon/ Clear
    Legend Blue

Knight and Hale Pit Boss
    Buck Gardner Double Nasty II
    Other assorted Duck and Goose calls