Default Short range patternmaster

Does anybody use the short range patternmaster in the timber? Or can I get away with using my extended?

Not prostaff but I do use the short range PM when hunting ducks over decoys. the extend is very tight for the close range birds. i.e. 10-20 yards. If you do hit a duck with the extended at that range there isnt much left to eat, but you wont have to chase the bird around the lake either. I started using an over and under for decoy hunting ducks using the extended PM in the top barrel (geese at 40+) and the short range in the bottom barrel for ducks at the very close range. Seems to be working out well. I noticed that Patternmaster also makes a mid range tube but I dont have any personal experience with that one. Yet!!

Nice, never knew you could have different chokes in an over under. Here is a pic of a buffle head at 15 yards with an extended PM.

Didnt get much meat....
    SMH Bourbon/clear
    Tim Grounds Pro Super Mag Camo Swirl
    DMM Max4/Mallard Green
    Pearl Triple Crown

Didnt get much meat....

Now that is a waste....... why not take a longer shot and have an eater.

21 the only way to find out what choke you want to shoot is pattern your gun with the choke and load you might want to shoot. You'd be surprised how well a factory choke will work. But to go by someone's word that bla bla choke is the best is plain old bs. It takes some time and effort to get the right load and choke.

You certainly don't want the above results. Improved cylinder would have been a start. You also see that this shooter is focused on the bird and not the beek. A focused shooter who can concentrate on his target would have just head shot that bird if one knows how to use a scatter gun.

Toto maybe you need to learn about Lord Rippon.
    Foiles Amateur Staff

A lot of "pros" are sheltered by the ignorance of their students.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCaller
    Didnt get much meat....

Now that is a waste....... why not take a longer shot and have an eater.

21 the only way to find out what choke you want to shoot is pattern your gun with the choke and load you might want to shoot. You'd be surprised how well a factory choke will work. But to go by someone's word that bla bla choke is the best is plain old bs. It takes some time and effort to get the right load and choke.

You certainly don't want the above results. Improved cylinder would have been a start. You also see that this shooter is focused on the bird and not the beek. A focused shooter who can concentrate on his target would have just head shot that bird if one knows how to use a scatter gun.

Toto maybe you need to learn about Lord Rippon.
    Ya i was aiming for the head,im not perfect and look how small that bird is. I would like to see someone get a head shot at fifteen yards with the little reaction time that was given. Im lucky i even got it. It was five minutes after shooting time opened and it came right off the edge of the creek. That was the only shot i had, and i took it!! I still got meat, grinded it up so i used all that was there. And dont try and act like you have never ever shot a bird and wasted some meat. Its not like i go out hunting and say "come on i want to waste meat". Im sure you dont get a head shot everytime!! That was used as a learning experience for not only me, but for those who question the effects of an extended PM at 15 yards.
    SMH Bourbon/clear
    Tim Grounds Pro Super Mag Camo Swirl
    DMM Max4/Mallard Green
    Pearl Triple Crown